Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The deserted street


deserted_street_by_monsterrrrous-d2ipyqs
The moment she turned the corner
the street was back to me.
The old people,
the stony surface
the hollowed crowds on  the pavements
and that tree
where she stood
sometime ago
waiting for the coach;
She waved at me
and
I wavered
tried to hold my hand out
but
emotionless
and
motionless
I ogled at her
and she turned behind
to look at me
the last look
and she tried to pierce through the misty air
that hung so low between us
yet she waved at me
and
I stood motionless
the words unspoken
the tears unshed
and we parted.
Body and Soul stood apart.
The sky has missed another sunny day
and the mist slowly swelled up
in huge dunes of smoke
like the tumultuous cloud
it, slowly
lazily
gradually
started falling down
upon me to take over
the mist
the fog
everything was all too ready to
fade in an oblivion
The gloom settled on the windows
of all houses and homes
behind the window panes
the dull shadows of light
lit the path
the street
with a stark pal of gloom
waiting for your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment