Saturday, May 19, 2012

My mother speaks.


My mother speaks.


Listening to the heart of mother, the throbbing of her heart and looking into her eyes, a smile comes to play on my lips, yes, she loves me and I, in return of all her love in heart and eyes and the warmth of her hugs, touches her lips with my tiny fingers, where I receive the first ever conscious kiss of my life, I am virgin no more, falls in love with my mom.

I cry and she comes running, her hands full of flour, she smells of kitchen smoke, she stoops on me, her bosom dangles all over me and she places her kiss on my forehead and I receive my first crush, yes, she love me the same as I do. I giggle and she smiles. My nostrils take a whiff of her odour, I become intoxicated, how sweet is my mom.


The first word I learnt to speak when she closes my lips with her finger and it produces my first ‘mmmmm’ and she gleefully accepts and acknowledges what she has heard me speak, she becomes my ‘mmmmmm’


I spell my first vowel between two ‘mmm’ and she takes the shape of my Mom’ and Mum and mama, my language begins with M and every time I speak the meaning gets associated. After Mum comes pa and pa and pa to make papa, when I call papa, he comes running and fondles me hard to his manly chest and I get another place of solace.


Between Mama and Papa comes many word and many words my mother introduces, some are new others are old, some are full of warmth and love, some are just cold and here I begin to compile myself my first dictionary of my language which sustains me and helps me to survive against all odds.

She holds my fingers when I try to put my weight on my legs, and I try to stand, she helps me learn to walk and stalk all alone. I learn to speak for me alone and my mother teaches me a language full of love and compassion.

The other day when I tried to propose my love my first ever girl friend, I wish I could use her mother’s tongue to say that I love her, but she is clever to use my mothers’ tongue to say that she loves me, it is full of love, full of compassionate love, it is full of meaning and it is meaningful. We both know that our mother’s tongue will bind us together as it holds meaning in every nook and corner.

I salute to my mother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment