Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life


Life

Gurdip Singh


Small as shinning fish
it gave me a slip
I tried to catch it many times
but every time it slipped
I had to face the setting sun
all in gloom and despair
The defeat was writ everywhere
On the face of setting sun
Slowly dipping its tip
In the troubled water
Its dim light vainly tries
to lift few clouds
and
carry them along
on the moon
on the stars
I walked past the trees
All alone
my shadow
that I dropped having carefully folded
And left it on the bench
on the beach
I walked alone
My footsteps disturbed
the peace of birds
that fluttered as I walked past their
peaceful worlds.
The whole night I spent
gazing the stars
finding out
why my destiny was spelt with
so many words that mean the same
as gloom, despair,
distress and defeat.
Every sleepless night
was spent on pacifying
the dreams of desires
in the morning
I came face to face
the roaring see.
Popped up my shadow
asking me
with a smile
-Let us play fishing-fishing.
I chase the shadow
lest it should get drown
my shadow does not know
swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment